Yahoo Webmail enables its users to access their emails as long as they have access to an internet connection and a web browser. It also means that the user cannot read an old email or draft a new email offline. Furthermore, webmail is a way of sending and receiving messages from a web browser, instead of from an email client.
Interestingly, all email travels over the internet and is stored on servers. These servers can be operated by email providers like “Gmail”, internet service providers like “Comcast”, or web hosting providers like “GoDaddy”. So, this server is where the email is collected and stored until you delete it.
For a user to access his Yahoo webmail provider’s server, he can connect to the internet, and log in to a site that connects to his email account. The user can as well access the Yahoo mail login. When a user uses workspace webmail login, he or she is accessing the email directly, from his provider’s server. This lets the user send and receive emails from anywhere in the world, from any device, as long as the user has an internet-connected web browser.
The user mail always remains on his provider’s server, if the user does not have an internet connection, or if the provider servers are down, the user will not be able to access his or her email using the Yahoo webmail. Besides, webmail interfaces may not provide as much functionality as a more robust email client.
Composing an Email in Webmail – Workspace Webmail Login
To do this you will have to:
- First access the Workspace Webmail Login.
- Click Compose.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click Send:
- To-Enter the recipient’s email address.
- CC– The user can Enter any email address to which he wants to send a copy of the message. Other recipients of the message can see that this email address received a copy of the email.
- BCC- the user can enter any address to which he wants to send a copy of the message cannot see that this email address received a copy of that email.
- Subject-Enter a subject for the email.
- Add Attachment-Select a file from your computer to send as an attachment to the email.
- Rich Text, Plain Text, Greeting Card-The user should select the kind of message he wants to compose and then enter his message.
How to Reply to Emails
- Log in to Workspace Webmail
- Click the message to which you want to reply to open it, and then click Reply. To reply to all of a message’s recipients, click Reply to All.
- Complete the on-screen fields and then click Send.
How to Forward Emails – Yahoo Webmail
- Log in to Workspace Webmail.
- Click the message that you want to forward, and then click Forward.
- Complete the on-screen fields then click Send
Some other Actions
To send an email letter, click Schedule Delivery, select the date and time for it to be sent and then click OK.
To send a password-protected email to another Workspace Email, the user needs to click Encrypt Email, complete the on-screen fields, and then click Ok.
To save an email for later use, click Save As… then select one of the following:
- Save as Draft- Save your Yahoo email to edit them later, accessible from your Yahoo Drafts folder.
- Save as Template-Save an email as a template so it can be sent numerous times, accessible from the user’s template folder.
If you want to change the email’s format, click Send as, and then select one of the following:
- Email-the user selects if he’s sending to another email address. This preserves all the formatting.
- Text Message- You have to choose if you are sending to a mobile device. This sends the message as plain text.
Adding an Email signature to My Yahoo webmail
The user’s email signature can show as his name, job title, phone number, website or what other information the user wants to include such as. images and social media links. The user can set the workspace to automatically add it to every email he composes and send.
- Log in to your Workspace Email account.
- On the Email tab, and click Settings.
- Your next step depends solely on if you are using Classic View or Updated View.
- Classic View: Users need to choose Personal Settings, and then click Signature.
- Updated View: Select More settings, and then make sure you are on the General tab. Under Email Signature: select include signature in replies.
- Select Automatically insert Yahoo signature in compose window to automatically pick the user’s signature in outgoing email address messages.
- Furthermore, users should enter their signature text in the Signature field.
- To insert an image into your signature:
- Click Insert Image.
- Hit the Browse icon, and then locate the image of the user’s computer.
- Click Insert, and then click Ok.
More Steps to Adding Yahoo Mail Signature
- Select Automatically insert signature in compose window to automatically include the user’s signature in the outgoing email message.
- Under Signature, click the image icon the image in your signature.
- Ton insert a social media link into your signature
- Click the corresponding icon for the specific social media profile you prefer to add in your Yahoo signature.
- Enter the requested information for the social media service you want to link to, such as Twitter, Facebook.
- Select the link type to display in your signature such as Text Only, Image Only, Image and Text.
- Therefore, enter the text you prefer to appear before the hyperlink. The user can delete the default Also find me on: text and insert something more personalized.
- if the user previously selected Link … Type: Text Only, or Link Type: Image and Text, the user can change the default text in the Link Text field.