Yahoo Sports is a sports New Website launched by Yahoo on December 8, 1997. However, it receives much of its information from STATS, Inc. Therefore it a platform for sports information as sports fans can watch free live NFL games, match scores, and sports news.
Furthermore, it has numerous writers and has team pages for teams in almost every North America major sport. Basically, certain essential elements of the site were known as Yahoo Scoreboard. Furthermore, below are some things a sports lover on the platform will need to know.
Type of Site Sports
Owner Yahoo! in 1997-2017
Oath Inc. 2017-2019
Verizon Media in 2019-present
Created by Yahoo!
Launched on December 8, 1997
Current Status Active
The Yahoo Sport brand had also been used for a U.S. sports radio network from 2011 to 2016. That network is known as SB National Radio.
Therefore, the following shows the United States edition of Yahoo Sports Cover. Furthermore, there are numerous channels, which includes WWE, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL. Also, college football, college basketball, NASCAR, golf, tennis, FIFA, World Cup.
UEFA Champions League, Premier League, arena football, boxing, CFL, cycling, IndyCar, Major League Soccer are still other channels. Therefore there are still more like motorsport, Olympics, NCAA baseball, NCAA ice hockey, NCAA women’s basketball. Also, the WNBA, alpines skiing World Cup, track and field, cricket, figure skating, rugby, swimming, mixed martial arts, and horse racing.
However, it may interest you to know that Yahoo Sport employs a deep bench of award-winning reporters. Which as of July 2018 includes Dan Wetzel, Pete Thamel, Pat Forde, and Jeff Passan among others.
Key Dates in Yahoo Sports History – More Sport Website
There are some key dates in Yahoo Sports History that are worth knowing, below are some specific dates below.
- The lunching Yahoo sport was on December 8, 1997.
- Yahoo Sports launched the first major redesign of the website on January 17, 2003.
- The Yahoo Sport Launched the Yahoo Sports Blog on February 8, 2006.
- Yahoo Sport Starts streaming free Live NHL games on May 8, 2006.
- Yahoo Sport Launched the Yahoo Sports Beta website on May 30, 2006.
- Also, Yahoo Sport launched the current homepage on February 1, 2007.
- Yahoo Sport Beta website was taken offline on February 1, 2007.
- The Yahoo Sport requires www.rival.com on June 21, 2007.
- Yahoo Sport combines with SportsFanLive.com to begin producing ThePostGame.com, a daily online magazine on January 11, 2011.
- Yahoo Sport page launches a new graphical look with dark backgrounds and bigger text. Therefore, there was a highly negative reaction on August 26, 2015.
NBC Sports Group
The year December 9, 2012, Yahoo and the NBC Sports Group announced a content and promotional deal. However, combining Yahoo Sport Original reporting expertise, coverage of big events. Also, rivals college content and popular fantasy sport products with NBC Sports Group. Growing digital assets, and significant television promotion and integration.
Therefore, Yahoo Sport and the NBC Sports Group will continue to maintain the separate site. Also, the editorial control of their respective newsrooms and digital properties. More so, they will collaborate on premium sports news and event coverage both online and on air.
Key Features of Yahoo Sports Alliance – NBCSports.com
Editorial Depth: Yahoo Sport and NBC Sport feature a deep bench of award-winning reporters. Also, commentators, such as NBC’s Bob Costas and Mike Florio; Yahoo Sport Dan Wetzel and Adrian Wojnarowski. Therefore, investigative reporting is a feature of the sports platform and NBC TV reports all there is to know.
Original Video Programming Concept: Yahoo Sport and NBC Sport will work together to develop original made-for-web video programs. This will appear on both Yahoo Sports and NBCSports. com featuring fan favorites from among the award-winning editorial teams’ rosters.
Live Streaming: In this aspect, Yahoo Sport will link to and promote the NBC Sport Live Extra video player. It will enable fans to watch live streams of some of NBC’’s biggest events. Starting with Sunday Night Football and NFL Game of the week. However, Live content from NBC Sports Network will continue to be distributed. This is through NBC Sports Live Extra on a TV Everywhere basis.
More Yahoo key Features – Yahoo Sports Fantasy
Fantasy Sports: Therefore, this has to do with the Sports platform and the leading fantasy platform. Furthermore, will become the exclusive fantasy game provider of NBC Sports’ Rotoworld. Also, the premiere fantasy news and information site. Therefore, this will include Yahoo Sports’ fantasy experiences for football’ baseball, hockey, soccer, college Bowl pick’em and Tourney pick’em.
Rivals.com: This talks about the college sports destination. In terms of power recruiting and college sporting news for NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports Regional Networks.
NBC Sports Regional Networks: Therefore, local sports properties will serve as Yahoo Sport preferred content provider in the vital market. Also, integrate Yahoo Sport team pages, fantasy experts and sports talent.
Some Notable Accomplishment
- Particularly, in 2006 “Fans spend more time on Yahoo Sport than any other sport sites”. According to ComScore Media Metrix.
- Yahoo Sport broke the story of a massive scandal involving the University of Miami. Therefore this is on over 100 hours of interviews with former hurricanes booster and convicted fraud star on August 1, 2011.
- Specifically, before the 2006 NFL Draft, Yahoo Sport revealed the allegations that Reggie Bush accepts gifts from upstart sports. Also, a marketing firm in exchange for his patronage. Hence, they keep issuing several updates on the story.