Vimeo is an ad-free online platform that enables people to share their videos also view videos shared by others. Vimeo being an ad-free platform does not allow pre-rolling videos allowing viewers to focus on only videos of their choice instead of other ads. Therefore, Vimeo video supports all formats of video and also supports 4K video and live streaming.
Vimeo is quite different from YouTube because of its creative distinctiveness. Vimeo music platform is a more professional ground for artists with a community that appreciates the sharing of media content. Furthermore, following a nicer and meaningful discussion. Vimeans is a popular word in the Vimeo community. Therefore, this means an active member of the Vimeo community who is regularly engaged with his fellow users.
Uploading Vimeo Video
After creating your video you must know how to upload it on Vimeo. Here we’re going to show you the easiest steps in uploading your Vimeo videos
- Prepare your video file; make sure you’re done with all editings and your video is either in MP4, AVI, MPEG or MOV formats.
- Login to your Vimeo account and upload your video; to upload a video on Vimeo you must first have a Vimeo account. Login to your account and on the home page click the upload video icon, you’ll be taken to the upload page, only videos you created and are owned by you can be uploaded.
- Select the video you wish to upload; click on the choose a file to upload button, a dialogue box will appear showing your files, click on the file you want to upload then click on select, after these steps your video will begin to upload immediately.
- Adding descriptions; this step is optional but it’s very helpful. Write a brief description of the video you’re uploading to give your viewers more knowledge and idea of what the video is about.
- Privacy options; you can choose whether you want your video to be seen by the whole Vimeo community, only your followers, people you choose to see it or nobody at all. You can also hide your video from vimeo.com
After all these steps your video will be successfully uploaded and converted by Vimeo. You’ll be notified through email after conversion is completed.
Features of Vimeo
Vimeo video comes with a lot of features that users have access to, these features make Vimeo more fun and easier to use
You can add a music track to your video from Vimeo music catalog. Most of them are free to use.
- MUSIC STORE
Enhancer enables users to scale through every music available on Vimeo, this makes it easier for users to add any music file of their choice to their videos.
- VIDEO SCHOOL
There’s a designated section on Vimeo showing lesson and tutorials on how the best videos can be made.
- CREATIVE COMMONS VIDEOS
Basically, this simply means there are legal ways which you can use other users’ videos for your own work without the video being deleted for copyright violation.
This feature allows you to add videos to your album, group, or channel.
- TIP JAR
Therefore, the tip jar is a new feature on Vimeo that allow viewers gives you small cash (tips) in appreciation of your content
- SELL VIDEOS
This feature is only available to upgraded Vimeo users, it allows content creators to sell their videos.
- VIDEO STATS
This feature allows you to know how many views you get per video, the videos that were viewed from start to end and all your comments at a glimpse.
Watching Vimeo Video
Therefore, there are a series of easy and fast ways you can access watch and enjoy videos on Vimeo
- STAFF PICKS
Particularly, Vimeo staffs pick the best video media on a daily basis and upload them in the STAFF PICKS section. However, this allows viewers to watch the best videos every day without having to search for them.
Therefore, members create channels on the Vimeo platform. More so, collecting all videos with similar themes. Also, users have the chance to discover other videos that interest them.
Videos on Vimeo are well categorized so you don’t need to go through thousands of videos to find one that interests you, instead, you can browse through the available categories.
Recently, Vimeo introduces this feature on the platform. Viewers can now watch full movies for a small fee instead of the usual short videos.
Members on Vimeo can create groups or join existing groups. It enables Vimeo users to discuss and shares ideas on common interests on topics.
- COUCH MODE
Basically, this feature allows you to watch your video in fullscreen.
- ON DEMAND
Viewers can purchase videos from creators for a small fee to watch their content instantly and also support them.
How to Download Video From Vimeo
Particularly, after watching a particular video on Vimeo you might want to download on your device for future references. More so, here are a few steps on how to download videos from Vimeo
- Click on the download icon under the player.
- A pop-up menu will appear, use it decided the version you want depending on your device.
- Select your device.
- Click on the link and if it opens another tab and starts playing instead of downloading just click on download at the top right corner of the screen.