This article teaches users how to upload a Reddit video from their, phone, or tablet to a new Reddit post. Users can upload their videos through the Reddit website or directly through the mobile app.
Therefore, there are many mobile apps for Reddit. Particularly, this method covers Reddit’s official app that users can download from the App Store (iPhone/iPad) or form the Google Play Store (Android).
How to Upload Videos to Reddit
- Open the Reddit app on your phone or tablet. The app has a white icon containing an orange circle with a white robot inside.
- Tap the New Post button. It’s the pencil inside a circle at the bottom-center part of the screen. A list of posting options will appear.
- Tap VIDEO. This third icon from the left. This opens the “Video Post” screen.
- Tap the Choose a community menu. Found at the bottom of the post. This opens a list of your recently visited and subscribed subreddits.
- Select a subreddit to post to. If the user doesn’t see the one he wants, start typing its name into the “search” field at the top of the screen.
- Some subreddit does not allow video posts. If the user sees a message that says the selected forum does not permit video posts, the user won’t be able to share his video on that forum.
More Tips to Post Reddit Videos
- Select or record a video. Users can select s video from their gallery or record a new video using the Reddit app’s camera. The video should be 1GB or less, and no more than 15 minutes long.
- To post a video from the user’s phone or tablet, tap LIBRARY, select the video, and select a cover image. And then tap
- To recover a new video, tap CAMERA, record a video, select a cover image, and then tap Use Video.
- Enter a title. Tap the An Interesting title field at the top of the post to spring open the keyboard, then type the title of the post made.
- Tap the POST button. It’s near the top-right corner. Then post your video to the selected subreddit.