Reddit is a social website which comprising of contents users generate. Therefore, these include photos, videos, links, text-based posts-and discussions. Also, of its content in what is essentially a bulletin board system. Basically, the name Reddit is seen to be a play-on-word reaming with the phrase “read it”, i.e., “I read it on Reddit”.
Therefore, as of 2018, there are approximately 330 million Reddit users, called “Redditors”. The site’s content is divided into categories or communities known as on-site as “subreddits”, of which there are more than 138,000 active communities.
Therefore, as a network of communities, Reddit’s social platform core content consists of posts from its users. Furthermore, users can also comment on others’ posts to continue the conversation. More so, key feature to the platform is that users can cast positive or negative posts votes. Also, choosing upvotes and downvotes, for each post and comment on the site.
The number of upvotes or downvotes determine the post visibility on the site so that the most popular content is displayed to most people. However, users can also earn “Karma” for their posts and comments, which reflects the user’s standing in the community and their contributions to the platform.
How Reddit works
However, the most popular posts from the site numerous subreddits are visible on the front page to those who browse the site without an account. More so, by default for those users, the front page will display the subreddit /popular.
Thereby, featuring top-ranking posts across all of Reddit, excluding not-safe -for-work communities. Also, others that are most commonly filtered out by users. Besides, the subreddit does not filter topics. Reddit registered users who subscribe to subreddits see the top content from the subreddits to which they subscribe on their personal front pages.
How to Sign Up for Reddit or Join Reddit
Most internet users don’t really know how to sign up for Reddit. Therefore they frequently ask how can I join Reddit? Here, I am going to show you how to join the platform.
Although, one can use Reddit without a username. But signing up for one will get you the most use of the site. Also, its because it will let the user interact better with the community and save your preferences.
- To begin, visit the Reddit website.
- Click on “Login” in the top right corner of the main Reddit page.
- Furthermore, fill out your username, password, and verify password information. Also, enter the letters that are displaying from the bottom box as well. This is to verify the user is not a robot.
- Click “Create account “when you fill out all the info needed. Therefore, the user should check to make sure that he’s username is available if the button doesn’t work at first. Also, a green checkmark appears at the bottom to indicate your access.
- Look in the top right corner of Reddit to confirm that you have been signed in to an account.
How to Post on Reddit – Old Reddit
- Open Reddit. Go to https://www.reddit.com/ in your preferred browser. As long as the user is already logged into old Reddit, this will open the Reddit hot page.
- If the user is not logged in, click Log in or Sign up in the top-right corner, enter your user name and password, and click LOG IN.
- Click the Home tab. Therefore, this is on the upper-left side of the Reddit page.
- Select a post type. Basically, the user should click one of the following options on the right side of the page.
- Submit a new link- Allows the user to post a link, photo or a video.
- Submit a new text post. It allows users to create a text-only post.
- Particularly, some subreddit only have one post option. While others are having several more specific post options.
- Enter a title. Find the “title” textbook, then type the title of your post into the text box.
- When posting a link, the user will find the title “title” text box near the middle of the form.
- When posting a link, you will find the “title” text box near the middle of the form.
Further Posting Ways
- Select a place to post. Check either the “Your profile” box or the “a subreddit” box, the user will need to type in the name of subreddit and then click the subreddit’s name in the resulting drop-down menu.
- Remember that many subreddits have their own set rules, be sure to follow their rules, be sure to follow their rules before posting to avoid having the user’s post removed by moderators.
- Create your post. This will differ slightly depending on the type of post the user is making:
- Link-Enter the web address of the items the user is sharing in the “URL” box. The user can also upload an image or video instead of a link by clicking CHOOSE FILE in the “image/video” box and then selecting a file from your computer.
- Also, add the text body by typing in the “text” box.
- Scroll down and click check on the box “I’m not a robot”. It’s near the bottom of the page.
- Click submit. Found at the bottom of the post window. By doing so will upload the user’s post to his specified subreddit.
Logging into Reddit does not require much stress as users can access the platform by just following these simple steps below.
- Firstly, the user should go to the website www.reddit.com.
- Click on the login caption located at the right-hand corner on the same page.
- Input your username and password as well.
- Lastly, the user should then hit the login button to gain access to their account.
How to Log out
- Click the Down arrow icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- A-drop-down menu will appear. Select Log Out