Quora is a platform to ask questions and answer questions as well. Users ask questions, edit them and craft them for the users in the Quora community. Its base is in Mountain View, California. Users of this site can collaborate by editing questions and suggesting edits to answers that are submitted by other users.
Quora was found by two Facebook Ex-employees, Charlie Cheever and Adam D’Angelo. The platform is a website where people find answers to obscure questions. Furthermore, users have the chance of exploring complex topics in-depth. Using the website requires a user’s real information and details rather than an internet screen name.
Furthermore, the verification of user’s names isn’t a necessary action. The platform doesn’t accept force names by users in the community. This was done with the declared intent of adding credibility to answers. Users with a certain amount of activity on the website have the ability to write their answers anonymously. But not really by default.
Quora Users Requirement
Users can also access the login process with their Google or Facebook accounts with the Open ID protocol. Users can upvote or down vote answers and also suggest edits to the present answers by other users. The site community includes some well-known people, such as Richard A. Muller, Jimmy Wales, Adrian Lamo, and Barack Obama.
There is a proprietary algorithm to rank answers, which works effectively like the Google PageRank. Quora makes use of the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud technology. This is to host the servers that run its website. Presently the website has four different ways to recommend questions to its users.
- Home feed questions recommendations: Using this method, every user will have a timeline that is personal to their preferences. Quora also provides some interesting questions that are applicable to the user’s preferences. This leads the user to either answering the question or refers it to another user for a better answer.
- Ask to Answer: This feature enables the user to recommend another user, which is fit or better suit for the answer to a question.
- Related Questions: With this method, whether the user is online or not. A set of questions that relates to the current questions are recommended and being portrayed on the side. This helps the user to navigate through the questions and find what is more relevant to their preference.
- Daily Digest: In this method, Quora sends a daily email to its users containing a set of questions. Also, the answer will give some certain ranking requirements.
It allows its users to create a user profile where they can add their photos. Also, real names, topics to follow, and answering questions by them. Also, they create numbers of their followers and so many more. Users can choose to keep settings private or otherwise.
Each user with a user profile has access to activity feed which has topics of interests to the user. In disparity with other major information sites, Quora places restrictions on anonymity. Quora also, allows users to post questions and answers anonymously. But it does now allow posting of anonymous comments as a direct response to answers.
Quora Sign up – Quora Account
Having an account with this wonderful site will make your learning on the site easier and faster. There are three different ways to open a Quora account with the site and these are by Gmail, Email or Facebook.
- Launch any web browser on your PC or mobile.
- Type in the URL www.Quora.com.
- Click the sign up caption seen on the page.
- Then select of the social media platforms you would like to login with.
- Provide some few personal details and click on continue.
Quora Login – Quora App
This is the process every user must follow in other for them to access their account on the website. Users must be sure to follow this process correctly.
- Enter the website URL as seen above in the sign up process.
- On the main page, click on sign in.
- Enter your email address or click on Google or Facebook caption depending on the one you use while creating the account.
- Enter your password if you use an Email address in registering.
After the user is through with filing their login details they can then click the next caption to login to their account. Again there is a Quora app which helps users have easy access to the website amazing features. Also, users can download the app from the Google play store.