Pixlr is an online image tool, which includes different features such as; photo editors, screen grabber and it also offers a photo sharing service. The program was developed for non-professionals. The apps range from simple to advanced photo editing.
Therefore users can use the app on their smartphones and PCs or even Tablets having the mobile app. The editing site is base on a web ‘paint’ features same with online image manipulation software such as Sumo Paint.
Features of Pixlr App
Here we are going to be talking about some of the features users can see on the app. These features are put in place for users to enjoy while exploring the app.
- The Pixlr Editor: The editor works in layers, replaces color, transforms objects, and more- all from your browser.
- Pixlr Express: Here, you can apply a quick fix or add a personal touch with creative effects, borders, and overlays.
- Pixlr Entering texts: When you are using this app and you find out you have difficulty using the Type tool to enter text, the issued might be from the settings of your browser. This kind of reports has been heard from Firefox and Chrome users who use Incognito or Private Browsing modes that are denied of entering texts.
From the results of these reports, it appears that the private browsing modes conflicts with Flash i.e. Pixlr builds its editors in a flash. There are plans by the company to make improvements in a future version of the Pixlr photo editor app. But before then, the company is advising users to switch to the browser version.
Creating Collage with Pixlr App
Pixlr Express for web and Pixlr Express on mobile devices have a handy collage feature. Also, this allows users to take up to 25 images and turn them into a collage. The easiest way to use this feature is to go straight to Pixlr Express for the web. Then upload the pictures of your choice and play around with the settings. There are some Things users need to know about the collage tool such include;
- You can also edit photos individually in Pixlr Express if you like and users can achieve this by clicking on the paintbrush editing icon.
- Users can drag their photos from collage box to collage box to rearrange them.
- The end size of your collage image actually depends on the ratio of your final image i.e. the height and width ratio.
- The collage feature is not available in desktop presently.
You really don’t need to create an account with the photo Editor before you can use the app. Users just want a fast and free way to touch up photos or make banners. It respect users wish a lot and that’s why creating an account before using it isn’t that necessary. You could just jump onto the website and start using the app. But when it comes to saving your work, then the user needs to create an account.
- Visit the website with www.pixlr.com and follow the steps.
- Click on the sign up caption on the main page.
- Enter your Email address and password.
Note: As we said before, users don’t need to create an account before they can start creating their own photos. But before a user can save their work they will need to create an account.