Facebook is one of the social media platforms that really connects old-time friends and as well help people create new friends. Furthermore, users on the platform sometimes will one point in time or the order want to make friends private on Facebook. Therefore, this is either because they want to keep a little bit of privacy or for some other personal reasons.
However, Facebook as a social media platform has made provisions for users who want to restrict their audience form viewing their friend list. So basically, users do not have to worry themselves on keeping their friends on a private path on their Facebook account. Below in this article I will be showing you how to make friends private on Facebook.
Steps on how to make your Friends list Private – Facebook Friends
Therefore, you can configure who to see your friend list or not with just these few Facebook friends’ privacy set up.
- The first thing you need to do is to open your Facebook account, either on the Facebook web or your Facebook app.
- Furthermore, go straight to your Facebook profile page and click on the Friends More so, this caption looks like a pencil shape.
- Search for the Edit Privacy caption. Therefore, you can see this in a drop-down menu in the privacy section.
- Choose an audience on your Facebook friends list. You can check on the little tips below.
Some Tips on Picking a Privacy Status
Therefore, when you are choosing your Facebook you can choose a Public status which is also the default option on the list.
Public: Therefore, when you choose the public status, this means that all your Facebook friends can see your friends and also the public too.
Only me: if you choose this option on the privacy list, then you will be the only one that can view your friend list. Therefore, no friend can see your friends as well as the public too. More so, people can still see only your friends which are just a few numbers.
Friends Except: Here, the user will be able to separate some particular people who can view or see their private profile on Facebook.
Friends: Therefore, if you choose this option from the list, then only people that are your friends will be able to view your profile.
Limiting who can be Your Friend on Facebook
Particularly, if you are receiving annoying friend request on Facebook, this may prompt you to want to limit the people that can add you as a friend. However, some users will want to limit their friend request, to do so follow this process below.
- Click in the main menu button, the one that looks like an arrow shape facing down.
- Then click on Setting, the one at the settings menu area.
- Furthermore, hit on the Privacy
- Next, click on the Edit
- Basically, from that menu area, you can choose either Everyone or Friends of Friends.