Instagram is one of the most used apps today. More so, it has shown great improvement of its features as a result of regular updates right from its official launch since 2010. Basically, the Instagram update gives you access to new features and bug fixes. We shall be sharing how to update Instagram from Google Play store and the iOS App Store in details.
Therefore, in these present times, Google’s Android is the most popular and widely used operating system in the world. Particularly, over 2.6 million apps in the play store. Also, over 2 million apps in the iOS App Store, due to great features and flexibility. However, with the increasing number of users, there is a need for the developers to upgrade the features of their apps. Therefore, this actually creates a better interaction between the user and the app.
Instagram Update from Google Play store (Android)
Follow these simple steps highlighted below:
- Open your play store app on your device.
- Tap the menu icon located at the top left corner and it will display an options menu.
- Select “apps and games”. You will see an alphabetical list of all the apps installed on your device.
- Tap on Instagram and you’ll be taken to the Instagram store page
- If there is an update available, tap “update”. When the update is complete, open the app and all the new features will be added automatically. This process will not affect data in the old version.
Updating Instagram App from App Store (iOS)
Here’s a quick guide for the iOS users:
- Open the App Store app
- Tap “updates” located at the lower right corner of the screen. Furthermore, a red notification on the screen indicates there are Instagram updates available.
- If there’s an update available for Instagram, tap “update” next to the Instagram icon. Therefore, the update should automatically download and install.
Notable Features on Instagram Update – Instagram Video
Basically, here are the notable features that have been included in the updated version of Instagram include:
- One-minute video post
In the previous versions of Instagram, users are allowed to post an Instagram video with the time frame of 30 seconds. However, it was later updated to a newer version that increased the video length to 45 seconds. Today, the latest version of Instagram allows you to post video(s) that go up to 60 seconds.
Therefore, this is similar to that of Snapchat. Particularly, as users have access to post video and pictures that have an expiry period of 24 hours before it vanishes.
- Live video
Here, your followers get a push notification telling them you’re going live. Therefore, they also allow followers to like and make comments as long as the video lasts. More so, the video ends immediately you end it and it does not save to your device.
known as Instagram Television, is an app inside Instagram. This app gives its users the ability to share videos that are up to an hour long. This feature serves a great deal in boosting video marketing, particularly for the business account users.
We recommend that you keep your Instagram App updated. Therefore, it makes users enjoy the latest features the App has to offer.