Instagram Post is all about visual sharing. Virtually everybody’s main intention on the app is either to share photos and videos or to view and react to other users posts. Bear in mind that, Once your profile is created and set to public, everyone can see your post and react to them either by liking or making comments. It is also possible to privatize your account so that only your followers and people you approve can see your posts but we shall be discussing that in a later article.
Furthermore, Instagram has come a long way since its early days in 2010 in terms of contents posting. Back then, users could only post photos directly from the app and add filters without any extra editing features. Today, users can post contents both from the app and their device with video lasting up to one minute in length plus a whole bunch of filter options and the ability to edit and tweak their posts.
How to Post on Instagram Post – Instagram App
Here, we shall be going through how to post contents on Instagram app, following these steps :
- Open Instagram: tap the Instagram icon on your device, when it launches and you’re not already logged in, the app requires you to fill in your login details before continuing.
- Tap +: the plus symbol (+) is located at the bottom-center of the screen. When you tap this symbol, it brings up the camera interface
- Select an upload option: there are three options available at the bottom of the screen ;
- Library /Gallery: opens a list of photos and videos saved on your device.
- Photo: opens up the camera to take a new photo.
- Video: opens up the camera to take a new video.
- Take or select a photo or video: you can choose to select multiple photos rather than taking one. You can do this by tapping the overlapping squares on the right side of the screen. You can select and combine a total of ten photos and videos. Therefore, this creates a slide show of your posts that people can scroll through.
More Instagram Post Tips – Instagram Filter
- Select a filter: Tap a filter you want to add to your Instagram post. You can also choose to edit other aspects of your Instagram post such as contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc.
- Tap next: This is the top right corner of the screen.
- Add caption: You can type in a caption by tapping the text field at the top of the screen. You can also tag friends in your posts by tapping tag people, tapping the post and selecting friends you wish to tag. To add a location tag to your post, tap add location and select a location.
- Tap Share: after you are through with what you want to post, go ahead and tap share. This is located at the top right corner of the screen and your post will appear on your Instagram page.
Your post will show up on the home page field of anyone that follows you. If your Instagram account is linked to your other social media accounts (e. g Facebook, twitter, etc). Then you can tap the switch to the right of an account to post your content there as well.