Before we discuss about how to Use Google Cloud Storage which is our topic for discussion today, let us first understand what cloud storage is and what it has to do with Google. Cloud storage as the name already suggests is an online platform where you can keep files.
However, it does not require any space on your device for you to do so. More so, it saves files to an online storage or memory card where you can get access to and use the files at any time. Now that you know what cloud storage is, what is Google cloud storage?
Google cloud storage is also similar to the definition of cloud storage. The only difference in this condition or situation is that this online cloud storage is owned by Google. Furthermore, to access and use this cloud storage, you must first sign up for a Google account.
A Google account is quite simple to sign up for. Additionally, you might be interested to know that signing up for a Google account is free. Therefore, you can sign up for an account with the platform anywhere and any tie if you have the right requirements.
Google Account Sign Up Requirements
Before you can sign up for a Google account, you should now the requirement to sign up. Below are the requirements to sign up for a new Google account.
- A device with a web browser that can access the internet.
- An active network provided with an active data plan. Your network provider could be a sim card, a modem or even a hotspot.
Now that you know the requirements needed to sign up for a Google account, why not get them in place and sign up for an account.
Gmail Account Sign Up
- Insert the network provider into the device with a web browser that can access the internet if your network provider is a sim card or modem. If it is a hotspot, make sure the device is capable of connecting to the hotspot and connect it.
- Launch any of the web browsers on the device and hit the search bar.
- Enter the URL or web address gmail.com into the search bar of the web browser and search.
- Locate and tap on any button on the screen indicating you should sign up for a new account. You should note that you have to be logged out if you are already logged in another Google account.
- Follow the onscreen instructions afterward and you should have successfully created a Google account.
The procedures above are the same as creating a Google account. A Google account is all that is needed to access and use the google drive.
Google Cloud Storage Login
Google sign in or Google cloud storage login can be done using the steps below.
- Visit the Google drive official website using the URL www.drive.google.com. You can alternatively launch the Google Drive app.
- Sign in using your Google account if you have not already signed in. if you are signed in confirm the use of the Google account and that is it.
That is all you need to do to successfully login to your Google Drive account.