This article gives a clear explanation on how to setup Yahoo Outlook settings mail for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, and as well Outlook 2010.
Setup Yahoo Account for Outlook
Therefore, for users to connect this stuff successfully you need to set up your Yahoo account so that it allows Outlook to connect. More so, this initial step depends on the line that you already have two-step verification enabled on your Yahoo mail account.
Yahoo Mail Two Step Verification
Basically, if your Yahoo account is secured with two-step verification, then you can now generate a Yahoo Mail app password. More so, you will use this app password in place of your Yahoo Mail sign-in password when you configure Outlook mail on your device.
No Two Step Verification Follow This Process
Particularly, if you do not use two-step verification to secure your Yahoo Mail account, (and you don’t want to enable it) Firstly, set your account to allow email clients to access it. This is however with the use of your Yahoo account sign-in password.
- Log in to your Yahoo Mail account on any device you are using.
- Furthermore, on the upper-right corner of the web page, choose your profile name and then select Account Info.
- Choose the Account Security caption.
- Then select Generate app password.
- More so, Pick the version of Outlook you want to use from the menu list. Therefore, you can use Outlook iOS, Outlook Desktop and Outlook Android.
- Hit on the Generate key.
- User will then see a window that will come up with the password key and instructions for using it.
Set up Yahoo Mail in Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, and Outlook 2016
Adding your Yahoo Outlook settings for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, and Outlook 2016 takes just a few steps.
- Go straight to the File tab.
- Furthermore, select Info, then pick Add Account.
- Lunch in your Yahoo Mail address, and then choose Connect.
- Therefore, enter your app password.
- After selecting Connect. Then your Yahoo Mail Account is added to Outlook.
How to Set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010
Basically, the process for adding Yahoo Outlook settings mail 2013 and Outlook 2010 are very similar. The steps below illustrate the process to take in Outlook 2013. Also, screens in Outlook 2010 varies in slightly, but the menus, options, and process are very much the same.
- Select the File option.
- Pick Info, then choose Add Account among the caption.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types, then select Next.
- Furthermore, choose Pop or IMAP, then pick Next.
- More so in the Server Information section, choose the Account Type drop-down arrow and choose IMAP.
- In the User Information section, input your name and your Yahoo email address as well.
- Therefore, in the Server Information section, scroll to the Incoming mail server text box, enter imap.mail.yahoo.com. Furthermore, in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) right in the text box, enter smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Also, in the Login Information section, you will see the User Name text box displays the user name from your Yahoo Mail address. Therefore, correct this information if necessary. Then, head on to the Password text box and enter your app password you created. This is if your account uses two-step verification.
- Pick the More Settings.
- Go straight to the Outgoing Server tab, and choose the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. More so, choose Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Also, go to the Advanced tab to continue the settings process.
- For both Incoming server (IMAP) and Outgoing server (SMTP), just pick the Use the following type of encrypted connection the drop-down menu arrow and choose SSL.
- Furthermore, in the Incoming server (IMAP) text box, input the 993 number digit.
- In the Outgoing server (SMTP) text box section, enter 465.
- Choose OK to go back to the Pop and IMAP for Yahoo mail Account Settings window.
- Select Next. Therefore, this tests the account settings you entered. However, if everything is correct, both process are successfully complete.
- Lastly, select Close to finish the process.
This is the process to follow and access the setup page and as well set Outlook mail on your mobile or desktop PC.