Setting up Facebook Timeline is a great way for all Facebook users to keep their privacy to themselves and to those they wish to. However, this is very important as some Facebook users tend to keep their activities on Facebook secret to themselves alone. Particularly, most Facebook users do not know how to setup Facebook timeline Privacy for their Facebook account profile.
More so, in this article, I am going to be writing out tips on how to setup your Facebook timeline privacy. Furthermore, the Facebook timeline privacy setting helps Facebook users adjust whatever they feel they want the public to see or share.
However, Facebook users can search for a better option on the privacy page to suit their desire. Also, you can adjust a setting on the page. However, if it does not suit your desire the user can also change back the setting. Therefore, Facebook users should be careful about the kind of stuff they post on Facebook. This is because their timeline is like a bank of whatever they have posted on their Facebook Account.
How to setup Facebook Timeline Privacy – Adjust Your Privacy Settings
- Make all posts friends-only. Therefore, this implies that your previous posts most have to go through the privacy settings. However, this is made possible by the user previews posts. The simplest process to access this is to use blanket privacy settings. “Limit the Audience for past posts”. Furthermore, users will find this option near you is the bottom of your privacy settings pages.
However, if you decide to use this option, the content on your Timeline that you have shared with more than your friends such as public post will automatically change to friends only. Also, with this setting, though, people who are tagged and their friends will still be able to see the post.
- Limit posts from others on your Timeline. This is another way to hide posts is to limit specific people. Also, or lists of people from viewing what others have posted to your wall.
- Therefore, to achieve this process the user should go to their privacy settings page.
- The user should then hit the “Edit settings “caption next to how you connect”.
- Furthermore, select the drop-down menu next to the last item. “The user will have to select the option that can enable others to see posts by other users on your timeline?
- Choose “custom”. More so, in the box under “Hide this from,” type the names of the people or the lists that you want to exclude from viewing posts from others on your wall. Example of this, are those persons on your limited profile list.
- Finally, click on save changes.
Facebook Timeline – Edit Your Facebook Account Profile Apps
- Choose your settings before you download. For new users below are some major down the summary information of the app. Particularly, the first time you choose to download an app you will find this option: “who can see activity from this app on Facebook”
- Adjust settings after downloading. From the drop-down menu in the top-right of your screen, select “then choose”. “Edit Settings” next to apps and Websites.” on the apps privacy [age, click “Edit settings” next to “Apps you use”- this will show you all the apps that you downloaded, and the privacy and permission associated with them.
Basically, users can choose to remove the application if they do not want to stay connected to their account. Also, users can as well preview what permissions the app has, and remove certain ones [some are mandatory, which you cannot remove.]
- Know how your friends share your activity. Basically, friends and other users you share information with can also share your activity with apps they use. Therefore, to disable your friends from sharing the activities of your app on Facebook follow these steps.
- Go to “Private Settings”
- Choose “Edit Settings”
- Next is “Apps and Websites” then “How other users access your information right from their own app.
- Lastly, make sure you check and mark the box next to “My App Activity”