Facebook username is your web address for your profile or page. Therefore this can help your friends and Facebook users to find you on the platform. Basically, the username can be a combination of your name and number or even symbols, if you desire to add any. More so, Facebook username example can be seen like this Audacious99.
Facebook makes suggestions of username for users. However, a user can choose his or her own username. Therefore, choosing a username is not a very tedious process to carryout. A user can as well edit or change his or her username when they choose to do so.
Purposes and Uses of a Facebook Username
The purpose of having a username on the Facebook platform is simple. Therefore, like as we earlier said, it is a good means of identification to your Facebook account. Furthermore, below are some purposes user get when having a username.
- Users can use it to create a custom link to your profile. Therefore, they can easily share with friends or post on external websites.
- Access information about your friends or other users through Facebook.
- Therefore, other users can access you through your username. Also, helps them find your profile for information.
- With it you can choose what information you can make public.
How to create Facebook Username – Facebook Sign Up
Firstly users must understand that their username is the same name they use in signing up for their Facebook account. Therefore, the username give users the access to login to their Facebook account. To know how to create Facebook username, you have to read carefully read through this article.
Mind you this username can either be your mobile number or your email address as chosen by the user. Particularly, Facebook users can access this process via their mobile devices or desktop computer as the case maybe. To achieve the creation process just follow the steps below.
- Visit the URL www.facebook.com
- Then click on the Sign Up caption on the page.
- Fill in the form with your correct details such as full name, email address or mobile number, password and date of birth.
- After you are done with the form filling, hit on the Sign Up caption below.
When you have successfully finish the process, your username will then be the name you use in filling the Facebook sign up form. However, with that friends and other Facebook user can easily identify you on the Facebook platform.
How to change your Username – Facebook Account
Therefore, users can decide to change their username from a existing one the old one to a new desire choice. However, users can do so at any point in time if they want to. Follow these steps to change your username if you desire to:
- First login to your Facebook Account.
- Click on the drop-down menu at the top right corner of your Facebook page.
- Then, select Settings caption.
- Hit on the Username caption seen on the page. It will display an option caption for you to edit your username.
- Then type in your new username of your choose and your password.
- Click on Save Changes after you are done with the process.