Basically, Facebook chat is an incredibly handy way to communicate with your friends and family members. Whether or not you are new to Facebook chat and its video and voice calling features, you may occasionally encounter some problems with your Facebook chat experience. Furthermore, users can download the Facebook Messenger App from the Google Play store to ease their chatting experience.
Here are some common chats problems that users report along with possible solutions. Furthermore, if your problem and solution are not on this list, contact Facebook by clicking the question mark in the top right corner of a Facebook page, select report a problem and follow the instructions on the screen.
Unwanted contact from specific Facebook chat users
Therefore, if any user on your chat list is creating an unpleasant situation for you on Facebook chat, you can block that user. Furthermore, the user will not be able to send or receive chats from you again unless you unblock the fellow. However, others on your chat list can send and receive chat messages from you. Here, is a quick guide on how to block a user.
- Click the options icon in the chat sidebar.
- Select block settings.
- Go to the block messages section and enter the name of the person you want to block from Facebook chat message. The number of people you blocked won’t be able to chat you up or send messages or contact you in a Facebook messaging app.
Having problem with your camera?
Basically, you can turn this feature on by using the option icon at the bottom of the chat sidebar. Therefore this is when you have trouble with your computer camera during a chat:
- Close any open applications on your computer that uses the camera. Particularly, other chats or any video programs.
- Restart your web browser or Facebook App.
- Also, you can try downloading the most recent drivers for your camera.
Having a problem with video call sound?
- Some microphones have a mute/unmute button. Check to see if yours isn’t set on mute.
- If you use an external microphone, make sure it is plugged on the correct port on the computer.
- Therefore, close any program that uses a microphone, video calling in particular.
Too many friends? How to scroll through on Facebook chat
Particularly, if you have more chats than the chat bar can accommodate may find Facebook chat very difficult to use. Therefore, you can turn off chats for some of your friends while you can leave others on. More so, if you wish to turn off chat then follow these steps to achieve it.
- Click the options icon at the bottom of the chat sidebar.
- Click on the turn off chat caption.
- In the screen that opens, click the radio button in front of turn off chat for all contact except. Afterwards,chat will go off.