AOL, originally known as America Online, is an online web portal and service provider in New York City, under the management of Verizon communications. Back in the mid-’90s, AOL was one of the pathfinders of the internet and AOL account is well known in internet brands. Also, has the web in the United States of America with over 20 million active users.
Therefore, the services that AOL provides contribute immensely to the growth and success of the company in the early days of the internet, services include AOL video that allow users upload videos, X-Files which allow users store data online, AOL news, dial-up internet ,search engine and AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) which allow registered customers to communicate in real time, on December 15,2017 the company ends the services of AIM .
How to create an AOL Account – AOL Mail Sign Up
In order to enjoy all these services and features, you have to be a register as a user, i.e, you must have an AOL account. Creating your AOL email account is quite simple and should be up and running in no time. Just follow these steps to create your account):
- Visit the homepage at https://mail.aol.com which is the starting point.
- Click the sign up link. This will take you to the sign up page.
- Fill out the form. The information required are username, password, first and last name, location Zip code, date of birth and gender.
- Click the sign up button at the bottom of the page same place you start filling out the form.
- Go back to AOL homepage and click the “sign-in “link at the top right corner of the page and this will take you to the AOL login page.
- Enter the username and password of the account you just created in the text field and click “sign-in “.
After all this you then log in. With just one account, you will be able to enjoy all the services and features that AOL provides.
Some AOL Account Main Features – AIM Email
Your AOL mail account is a lot of integrating features with a good number of intuitive features that makes it a good email service for you. Here, we shall be explaining some of features You get to enjoy as a proud owner of an AOL account.
- Organized emails
AOL mail offers a very good email organization which allows you customize and create folders to arrange your mails. Also, makes it easy to locate and sort according to your preference.
- Storage facility
AOL provides users with a limitless space to keep their mails as long as they want without having to delete them worrying about insufficient space.
You can customize the appearance of your mail inbox from a variety of themes and skins to suit your preference. You can also personalize the user interface using any of the built-in themes.
- Email signature
AOL account allows you to create and customize your own signature and also add links and images to it.
Hence, AOL is a good email service that could easily be standing up with other email services standards.